Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Time to code some autonomous operation


I will have to upload a video of the 'bot maneuvering as a very expensive remote control tracked vehicle but here is a picture that it took of me after a romp around the lounge.   The special effect is due to my telling it to start moving at which point it orients the sensor stalk forward.   This image just happened to be taken at that second.   It is pretty much where I want it to be at this stage of the project.
There are still a few small bugs, or areas for reconsideration, in the controlled operation but not serious enough to keep me from starting the next phase of the project...getting it to do something on it's own!

2 comments:

  1. hi, it's interesting
    would you please to send the demo version to my email:horeus1@gmail.com
    with some information about raspberry and how I can use it to control of mobile robot
    thank you in advance for your positive response

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I read the pages you published on your robot. And I am impressed by your work.
    Currently I try to do the same thing but my prototypes are worse than yours.
    In the goal to learn from your experience and if you still have your sources, can you send me your code? Or if not a demo version?
    Thank you
    Adrien (adrien.lemeur@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete