Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Back with a (Big) New Project

There has been a period of silence over the past months as I had been given the opportunity to apply some of my new technical skills in the Computing Physical Interface space.   In particular a friend offered me the opportunity to build an instrument based on a single board computer with a physical interface to a piece of laboratory equipment.   No, there is not much danger of me making money here, and I have been interested enough in it to invest in a number of new pieces of kit, but this pro-bono project has 'def peaked my interest.

Over the coming weeks and months I will attempt to look back on the past several months to document some of my learnings.   I am going to backdate these posts to approximate when I actually might have gained the knowledge!


2 comments: