Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Ship Project - Second Full Print for Painting and Assembly

Have put the electronics and software on hold to finish the actual model.  Here are the parts from the second full print.
















These pictures show the before and after of the underside of the hull.  I have designed some custom support material into the model that needs to be pulled out as shown here.

Designing your own supports allows you to provide the minimum necessary and should be more efficient in terms of time and plastic than what will result from the slicer doing it for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment