Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Mask Impact on Dimensional Accuracy

A number of things are going on in parallel on this project.  I have the PCB coming from China, a case in draft on the printer now, the software now being rewritten as a new version with some learnings from V1, some testing of various sensors, and some comparisons of the mask in operation.

Here are the results of one of those tests.  There is clearly an improvement in dimensional accuracy between the No Mask and the Mask versions of these objects from the center, edges, and corners of the build plate.  I would caveat this with two observations.  First that my 16quid caliper, combined with my coordination, is incapable of getting consistent readings at this resolution.  Second that I am hoping to further improve the accuracy of the base data read by my UV meter to improve these results.

The Test Results

The Calibration Objects!


No comments:

Post a Comment