Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Current Robot Glamour Shot

I am posting this blog in retro fashion but thought that I would fast forward to the current moment and show a picture of how the robot is looking right now.
As of October 4th, 2012
There has been a fair amount of work to get to this point but there is a LOT more left to do.   In general, at this point, the hardware is largely integrated though there are still a number of things either not working 100% (compass accuracy) or not at all (encoders and current overload detection).

From a software perspective it is even more bleak as all the robot does at the moment is go backwards and forwards under command from its web interface!   It is sensitive to collision avoidance, it does upload images, and it can do a rudimentary mapping scan, but there is much more undone than done!

No comments:

Post a Comment