Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Using the uSD on BeagleBone Black as Aux Storage

I followed some instructions, that I have since lost track of, to enable the use of the uSD card on the BBB for auxilary storage when booting from the internal eMMC.   The below are my version of what was needed:

Format the drive
Add a partition and make it of type FAT, name it and size it however you want
After it has been formatted and partitioned mount the FAT 32 partition you just made
Create the document "uEnv.txt" in the root of the partition and add the following lines to it:

mmcdev=1
bootpart=1:2
mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk1p2 ro
optargs=quiet

This should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment