Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Chromium Full Screen

My application is intended to be completely embedded in a laboratory apparatus presenting a captive user interface on the LCD Cape which is running as the console to the device.  The BBB provides a choice of several browsers but I have chosen Chromium as the front-end for my application.

Here is the command line argument that starts Chromium with it pointed to my application running under Node.js.    The two command line switches ensure that Chromium is started in full screen mode without any of the browser elements such as an address bar, and, that we don't get any extraneous messages (the exports are needed for that purpose) when pages are loaded from my application:

export GOOGLE_API_KEY=AIzaSyCcjKzcifha1m8P4RVxytpVsx3wNDIEHsY
export GOOGLE_DEFAULT_CLIENT_ID=985919302268.apps.googleusercontent.com
export GOOGLE_DEFAULT_CLIENT_SECRET=vQKKl73QQk8_dgEF44vNTHmJ
google-chrome --kiosk --incognito  localhost:7000 &

The above is run from .profile with the user automatically logging in when the 'X' session starts on the console.   I also start my application under Node.js at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment