Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Technology Alternative - Arduino Mega with LCD Touchscreen

This post is part of a thread titled "What Technology to Choose for a Physical Interface Project"

Arduino Mega with LCD Touchscreen
  • Hardware:
    • Arduino Mega 2560 (40),
    • TFT LCD Shield (10),
    • TFT LCD/Touchscreen Shield (15)
  • Microprocessor:
    • Flash Memory - 256KB of which 8 KB used by bootloader
    • SRAM - 8 KB
    • EEPROM - 4 KB
  • Software:  Arduino sketches written in C++ and downloaded to the microprocessor from a workstation.
  • Supports 10bit resolution for Analog to Digital Conversion (external adapter can be added for higher resolution).
  • Capable of taking 250 fixed time slice samples per second (assuming no updates of the LCD during sampling).
  • LEDs could be used for indicating status during a capture (blink each second).  Shown upper left in picture to the right.


The breadboard provides a voltage divider that uses a variable resistor to deliver a variable voltage for simulating a test measurement.  It is also supporting a tri-colour LED as a status monitor while a test is running.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work
    tableta

    ReplyDelete