This post is part of a thread titled "What Technology to Choose for a Physical Interface Project"
Raspberry Pi with External ADC
- Raspberry Pi (Rpi) Hardware (50):
- 700mhz ARM CPU
- 512mb of Memory
- Storage on Flash Card or USB
- RPi Software:
- Fully functional Linux implementation with Python as primary programming language.
- Vast selection of software available to meet development requirements.
- Extremely strong user community for support
- External ADC chip integrated with the Raspberry Pi via I2C (a serial communications protocol)
- Provides up to 18bit resolution for Analog to Digital Conversion
- Could provide user interface through one of several available LCD displays
The breadboard provides a voltage divider that uses a variable resistor to deliver a variable voltage for simulating a test measurement. It is also supporting a tri-colour LED as a status monitor while a test is running.