Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Printer Suddenly Acting Up - Part II

I am not sure this is resolved...but...my first thought was that something might have worked loose.  I checked everything, or so I thought, and did not find anything that was noticably loose.  I did tighten the bolts that hold the sides of the case but these are not structural.  They were, however, very loose and it did seem to help a little?  Could just have been me.

In any case my post on the Reprap Forum confirmed my original suspicion that it is probably something loose so I checked again.   This time I remembered to check the two bolts that hold on the extruder assembly and sure enough they were a little loose.  I do mean a little but every little can count.   So I tightened them.

In order to check these bolts I had to take off the directed cooling duct that I have installed.  This duct not only blocks those bolts but it makes it challenging to see the nozzles.   Once it was off I was able to notice that the nozzle that I have been using was in bad shape with caked on plastic.  So I cleaned it.

I have done a couple small test prints and I think it might be ok now.   In a few minutes I will do the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment