Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Printer Suddenly Acting Up - Part III



Ok, nothing had completely solved my issue entirely though each thing that I did seemed to help a little.   The latest changes that I have made were to replace the hot end and PTFE on one of my extruder's, and more importantly, to replace the spacers on the clips that hold down the FR-4 on my build platform.
Here is a photo of the hot end and PTFE tubing that I replaced.   To me it does not look like it is in bad shape.   Additionally, I only replaced one side and the other is performing the same as the side that was replaced.

That leaves a tighter build platform as the culprit.  Which I can believe.  Here are two photos of a print before and after the build platform fix.

As you can see on the right most of the whiskers are gone.  Interestingly, though, not all.

What confuses me is why it is always the same place on the print that we see this issue.   Doesn't that imply a slicing issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment