Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Thursday, April 7, 2016

More on a 3D Printable Model of a Dutch Windmill

This story started here.

The files for this kit are now available on Thingiverse.  Two copies are also for sale on eBay.

Finished Product - 1:160 or "N" Scale

The screw you see above is only needed on the 1:160 version of the model.  You will note below that there is an axel printed as part of the top of the windmill for the 1:100 scale kit.

The Printed Parts - 1:100 or Flames of War Scale

Rendering of the Printed Parts from Sketchup

Rendering of the Assembled Model from Sketchup

3 comments:

  1. Any plans to make more and list on EBay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had meant to but they take so long to print that I had not gotten around to doing so! I am now though...will target at having at least one, maybe two, done by the weekend.

      Delete
    2. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flames-Of-War-1-100-Dutch-Windmill-Kit-3D-Printed-2nd-Copy-/201577745903?

      Delete