Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

One Project - Three Interest Areas

Many of my projects combine two of my interests, 3D Printing and Micro  Electronics but this one combines three! in this case the extra one is barbecuing in that I have gotten a new ceramic grill, a  Kamado Joe, and am building a heat control unit for it.

The 3D printed elements of it are the enclosure for a fan and a shutter that will be used to direct air into the grill and a case for the electronics that drive the airflow.    The electronics will consist of an Arduino on a custom designed circuit board that is a daughter board to a Raspberry Pi Zero.   the Arduino will run firmware that will slowly restrict airflow as a temperature is reached while the raspberry will provide the graphical user interface wirelessly on the home network.

No comments:

Post a Comment