Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

RPi as a Remote Control for a Canon DSLR - Part 3

I am at an impasse with trying the get the DSLR to capture the motion being detected by the RPi.   Namely because there is a two second delay between the time the motion is detected by my Python script and when it actually occurred!   I have installed 'motion' on the RPi and it also suffers from the same delay.   Hmmm.  What to do?

I guess I will see what the delay is when using PiggyPhoto to grab preview images.  If that looks to be working then I will go back to pondering stability of the DSLR interface across libgphoto2.

No comments:

Post a Comment