Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Someone Said Field Kitchen?

Yes, why yes they did and so I designed and printed one!  This has really pushed the limit for what my printer can do with the 0.25mm nozzle upgrade that I installed from 3DSolex.

The entire set consists of the following items:
  • Field kitchen trailer.  Based on a couple of pictures that Google provided when I searched for WW2 Field Kitchen.   Not intended to be based on something historically accurate!  It does have an oven and four burners though.
  • Two gas bottles for the above (Google says that many of these portable kitchens were gas fired).
  • Two jerry cans for fueling some warmers at the serving tables (no, I did not print warmers and the only reason these are here is because I had them but not used anywhere)
  • Tent for serving the repast (Could be longer but took too long to print as it is).
  • Four large tables for serving or dining (officers anyway).
  • Four chairs for the officers.
  • Assortment of crates (six or so).
  • Two cabinets subdivided for storage.
  • Two small tables or large shelves (depending on how they are placed)..
  • Two trays of fresh bread.
  • Four trays of Christmas Lunch (two of turkey and two of some huge fish that is native to FoW land).
  • Four large pots with lids on.
  • Four large pots with lids off (and two loose lids).
This collection has been listed on eBay and will be available on Thiniverse soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment